Sunday, January 02, 2005

American Flag, for Americans or World Citizens

This may sound Petty BUT... I believe the American flag should flown at half mast for American citizens who have contributed greatly for our country such as veterans who have died for their country. The President has ordered the US flag to be flown at half mast for five days to honor victims of the Indian Ocean tsunami. I know Americans were among the victims. And I REALLY do feel a lot sympathy for every one effected by this unbelievable ordeal. (And I might be wrong about this) I don't recall any countries dipping their flags to half mast for 9/11.

I really think our great symbol should be flying high and proud as our thinly spread military arrives to the scene to help rebuild these countries. Is the U.N. flag at its mid way point?