Monday, September 04, 2006

Twins Color Man Bert Blyleven Suspended After Profanities Aired

Bert Blyleven, the color commentator for Minnesota Twins TV broadcasts, apologized after using two profanities on the air during a pregame segment that he didn't realize was being aired live. Blyleven uttered the words after slipping up during the segment. The words are on the Federal Communications Commission's list of words that can't be broadcast between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. Blyleven apologized to viewers during the first inning of the Twins-Yankees game in New York."I want to apologize for what was said at the open," he said. "I thought it was a tape, which we tape a lot of our opens, and I apologize to the viewers for my language. ... It makes me feel bad. I'm sorry." FSN North spokesman Brian Peterson said the network, which produces Sunday broadcasts that air on WFTC, was reviewing the situation. FSN North and WFTC are owned by Fox. The FCC can fine a station for airing profanity.