Friday, May 27, 2005

Danica Patrick, The Sexy Starlet Of The Indy 500

This Sunday, a young woman will be among the favorites in the Indianapolis 500-mile race. Danica Patrick will be the only woman racing, and has a good chance of winning; She has consistently posted some of the fastest practice times at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway. Danica Patrick hopes to be the first woman to ever win the Indianapolis 500. She says, "And I think I was just prepared from the time I was born." At twelve, Danica was already racing, and winning, at the local go-cart track. Even then, Ed Hinton, a Chicago Tribune reporter, noticed Danica's intensity. That same intensity made Danica return to the racing after she was involved in a crash earlier this year.
And Danica is confident she can be the first woman to win the Indy 500. "I wouldn't put my life on the line, if I didn't feel like I could win," says Danica. In recent years, the Indy 500 has been losing its audience to NASCAR stock car racing, which has become more popular with racing fans. Ken Ungar, of the Indy Racing League, hopes that Danica will bring in more male fans. He says, "The demographic that we are seeking to develop, is males 18 to 34." If they like their race drivers young, attractive and female, Indy may have a winner.
Danica Patrick