Finding humor in hard places is a specialty of the "Allah Made Me Funny Troupe." That hard place was Normandale Community College in Bloomington, Minnesota today, and many Minnesotans found themselves laughing. "The last time you saw a black Muslim this close on television it turned out to be a sniper," said Preacher Moss, a veteran comedian and founder of the troupe. The tour features three Muslim comedian tackling very serious issues, with a sense of humor. "People stare at me and think I was responsible for 9/11...Me? 9/11?...7/11, maybe!" joked comedian Azhar Usman. But shattering the anti-American terrorist image of Muslims using humor is core to the troupe's purpose. "I consider myself a patriotic American Muslim," Usman said. "That means I'd die for this country...by blowing myself up!"
Azhar Usman is one of three comics on the "Allah Made Me Funny Troupe"
Thursday, March 10, 2005
- Name: CRUEL KEV.
- Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
- PLAYGIRL EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OUTS HERSELF... AS REPUB...
- University Of Colorado President Resigns Amid Cont...
- ALIENS GET ANKLE MONITORS
- Less Swearing On TV, Demands Former Sex Pistol
- Giuliana Sgrena, Hostage Or Hoax
- Minnesotans Demand Academic Freedom
- Maximum Pain Is Aim Of New U.S. Weapon
- Terrorist Tried To Set Up A Training Camp In Arizo...
- Major Arrests Show A Shift In Iraq
- Kobe Bryant Settles Civil Case