Tuesday, May 13, 2008

MN. Gov. Pawlenty Jokes About Lack Of Sex Life

Gov. Tim Pawlenty spent the fishing opener with his wife, Mary Pawlenty, on Big Pelican Lake in Breezy Point, Minn. If an aside uttered by Pawlenty is any indication, they may very well have spent their every waking moment fishing. "I have a wife who genuinely loves to fish. I mean, she will take the lead and ask me to go out fishing, and joyfully comes here," the governor said before adding, "She loves football, she'll go to hockey games and, I jokingly say, 'Now, if I could only get her to have sex with me.'"
Governor Tim & Mary Pawlenty
The Governor quickly clarified, "It's a joke, it's a joke." Gov. Tim Pawlenty landed a 17-inch walleye Saturday during the Governor's 60th Annual Fishing Opener at Breezy Point on Pelican Lake, but Lt. Gov. Carol Molnau reeled in a 19-inch walleye about two-and-a-half hours earlier. Mary Pawlenty, who was fishing with her husband, said she got a few bites, but nothing in the boat.