Monday, May 01, 2006

14-Year-Old Kicks Abductors Sorry Ass

14-year-old is being credited with fighting off her attacker. Brittney Richardson says she was grabbed by a man last Friday night on 93rd Avenue in Westminster, after walking home from the grocery store. But her attacker quickly learned that Brittney isn't your typical teenager.
Brittney Richardson, pictured with her mother, Barb, knocked down a would-be abductor - a man in his 30s. "She did what she was taught," said her instructor, Amanda Christensen.
She has a brown belt in Karate, and she used the skills she's learned during two years of classes. "I turned and I hit him," she says. "I just knocked this guy out." She immediately ran away, and called police. Her instructors couldn't be prouder. "Brittney did exactly, step by step, what we teach," said Amanda Christensen. "This fella found out you don't mess with her." "Karate is the best thing that's ever happened in my life," she says. "I have to say that my training has been very effective." Although Brittney will have a black belt in one year, she says in many respects she's a typical teenage girl. "I'm the girl that's into boys, likes to talk on the phone, paints my nails," she says. Her would-be attacker has not yet been found. He's described as a white man in his 30's, with bleached blonde hair, and blue eyes.