Australia's Defence Minister Robert Hill will hold talks today with Filippino government officials about Australia giving assistance to the fight against Jemaah Islamiah.
Australia's Minister for Defence, Robert HillIt's believed the organisation has set-up camps in the southern Philippines and is working with other suspected terrorist organisations. Senator Hill has visited the south and talked with local military commanders. He will have discussions today in the capital Manila which he thinks can benefit both countries. We are concerned that Jemaah Islamiah maybe infiltrating from Indonesia and if there are ways in which we can help build the capabilities of the Philippine armed forces to meet that threat, then it is our interests as well as theirs, he says.
Tuesday, October 18, 2005
- Name: CRUEL KEV.
- Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States
- Sunnis Appear To Fall Short In Iraq Vote
- Philippine, USA Troops To Kick Off Joint Military ...
- TASK FORCE BAGHDAD SOLDIERS CATCH BOMBERS IN THE A...
- Japan To Privatize Postal Service
- Happy Columbus Day
- Cops Nab Sex Offender Clad in Rope, Feces
- Iraq Constitution Distributed Amid Attacks
- Spy In The White House
- Terrorism Biggest Threat To Philippines Security
- Bush Nominates Miers To Fill O'Connor's Seat On Hi...